Friday, April 8, 2016

Edinburgh Wrap Up


Does this view make anyone else want to dance like Dick Van Dyke?  It was all I could do to keep myself from singing the Chimney Sweep song from Mary Poppins as I walked down the street!

It's now April 11, so this post has been "in progress" for a while.  Since leaving Edinburgh I've been to Lincoln (with day trips to Hucknall and Woolsethorpe) and have now been in Cambridge for 4 days.  I'll try now to finish this up.

Basically I wanted to put some miscellaneous items up.  Most things have been about castles, cathedrals and mathematicians.  Edinburgh holds so much, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to travel - unless you are looking for a tropical beach, this place has everything!  And it is so charming.  It was hard to watch where I was going because I constantly wanted to look up and see all the beauty surrounding me.  (Caveat, from what I hear it can be very rainy, but for the week that I was there, although there was rain at least once each day, the days were mostly dry and pretty sunny, as you can see from my blogs in my earlier posts.)

And it's not just old stuff.  They've done a great job of incorporating the old with the new and also being really artsy.  There is so much to do, between the art museums, technology museums, outdoor activities, historical places, shopping, whisky tasting, literary tours, haunted tours, organ recitals, gardens, parks, etc.

So I'll just put up some more images to round out Edinburgh - a city that has won my heart!

National Museum of Scotland - huge variety on five floors!
One of many tours


Bike racks between Parliament and Salisbury Crags

The New Parliament Building

Pedestrian Overpass

On the pedestrian overpass

Planters

Napier University - as it incorporates the remains of Napier's Tower



No comments:

Post a Comment