Friday, April 8, 2016

Sounds of Today


I haven't finished my last post, but I'd like to share the sounds of today.  Short post here, as I'm struggling with an increasingly nasty cold  .  .  .

I was so graciously hosted today by Richard Chapling and Dr. Piers Bursill-Hall - spent time at Trinity College, Cambridge and heard (as Wordsworth called it) "Trinity's loquacious clock" chime noon.  Some of you might remember it as depicted in the movie Chariot's of Fire (though that scene wasn't actually filmed here at Trinity).  The fountain in the center of the video was here in Newton's time, and Newton had the rooms on the right above the Great Gate.



Later in the day I was taken on a surprise trip to Ely Cathedral - took a tower tour and was up in the tower when the organist started practicing for evensong.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.


 And now  .  .  .  off to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment