Sunday, May 1, 2016

Bummer

This note is coming to you from a hotel lobby - hunt and peck method on a French-configured keyboard.  After 5 weeks of travel and having some connection problems but mostly workable computer issues, something has finally really compromised my computer.  It took well over an hour this morning to try to type a note of about this length.  So, anyway, there may not be any more actual posts for a while :(

(The issues were so bad last night that that post took 6 1/2 hours, keeping me up until 1:30am, but today my computer is so much more frozen that I would not be able to put up a post using my computer even in that amount of time - can't search through my photos, can't really type, can't scroll up and down - pretty much can't do anything with it.)

I also do not have a functional phone right now; so I am kind of up the proverbial creek in a lot of ways!  I guess this is when the real adventure begins!  Well - nothing I can do about it on this May Day holiday in Paris (shops are all closed), so off I go to enjoy the hour or so of daylight left on my last day here - fingers crossed and hoping to be able to get this remedied and/or to get set up with my phone once I get to Germany.

Thank goodness for hotel lobby computers anyway!

Au revoir for now!

2 comments:

  1. Stay out of Mayday riots. That's a European tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! Thankfully everything I experienced out on the streets that day was peaceful - lots of people sunbathing and reading on the banks of the Seine - not even any transportation strikes or anything - HURRAY! I'm now (May 3) in Heidelberg, visited the Universitatsmuseum, was in the Alte Aula, looked up and saw the name Ursinus and was immediately transported back to catechism with Rev. Tanis!

      Delete